There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, December 22, 2012

TNT's Leverage to End It's Run


TNT announced Friday (December 21st) that it has cancelled "Leverage" after five seasons on the air. The show's final episode will be broadcast on Christmas Day. "TNT's 'Leverage' has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its 'stand up for the little guy' attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge," the cable network said in a statement. "But after five wonderful years, it's time to say goodbye. 'Leverage' will come to a close on Christmas at 9:00 PM, with a series finale that stands as one of the show's best episodes. We want to thank all of the passionately devoted fans… who have really been the driving force behind its success." 

Because of the uncertainty surrounding the series' future, "Leverage" executive producer Dean Devlin explained in an open letter released earlier this month on Leveragefans.com that he crafted the Season 5 finale as if it were the series finale in case the show was not renewed for a sixth season.

"As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show," Devlin wrote on December 6th. "Because of this uncertainty, [series creator] John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned." The show was TNT's longest-running series currently on the air. The fifth season premiered to 3.39 million viewers in July, but recently dropped to just 1.91 million viewers when it returned from a two-month hiatus on a new night. The series finale of "Leverage," titled "The Long Goodbye Job," airs on Tuesday, December 25th at 9:00 PM EST on TNT.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Actor Edward Hogg To Recur On 'The Borgias'


British actor Edward Hogg has joined the cast of Showtime’s drama series The Borgias in a recurring role for its third season, UPBEAT Entertainment News Syndicate has learned exclusively. Hogg has been cast as Georges D'Amboise, a French Cardinal who also serves as King Louis XII's ambassador to the Papal States. My sources tell me that Hogg's character will appear in "a large number" of episodes that comprise season 3.


The actual Georges d'Amboise (1460 until May 25th, 1510) was a French Roman Catholic cardinal and minister of state. He belonged to the house of Amboise, a noble family possessed of considerable influence: of his nine brothers, four were bishops. His esteemed father— Pierre d'Amboise, seigneur de Chaumont, was chamberlain to Charles VII and Louis XI and ambassador at Rome. Georges' eldest brother, Charles, was governor of the Île-de-France, Champagne and Burgundy, and Councillor of Louis XI.




The Borgias was created by Neil Jordan and follows Pope Alexander VI, the cunning, manipulative patriarch of the infamous Italian Renaissance family who builds an empire by bribing, buying and muscling his way into the papacy. The Emmy award winning drama series stars Jeremy Irons, Colm Feore, François Arnaud, Holliday Grainger, Joanne Whalley, Lotte Verbeek, Sean Harris and Aidan Alexander. The show’s third season is poised to pick up from the events of the season 2 finale which saw Pope Alexander VI (Jeremy Irons) poisoned as part of a plot hatched by his rival Cardinal Giuliano della Rovere. Production on the ten episode third season is currently underway in Budapest, with Showtime eyeing a Spring 2013 premiere.



Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Olympic Star Ryan Lochte Gives His Gold Medal to A Young Turkish Boy



Something positive is always out there... waiting to be told. But we hear much more about the ghastly horrors of this world constantly... However, all of us here at UPBEAT Entertainment News Syndicate believe that there are so many more tales of generosity and compassion that perhaps we need to hear something that inspires us... and proves to us that hope and love DO exist. That humanity IS present in this world. So we plan on sharing with you some stories that might make you smile and reflect a bit... and perhaps you might also feel compelled touch the lives of those who silently, patiently wait for the good to shine upon them. 

Ryan Lochte made quite a splash at the World Shortcourse Swimming Championships last week— both in and out of the pool. According to the BBC, the 28-year-old swimming heartthrob, who holds 11 Olympic medals and four world records, wowed the crowds gathered during the five-day event held in Istanbul, Turkey, by snagging eight medals, including five golds. He also shattered two world records, in the 100m and 200m individual medley events. Lochte's victories in the water were not his only big wins, however. The American swimmer also won many hearts with his generosity.

On Friday, having won the 200m individual medley, Lochte reportedly "stunned" spectators when he went into the stands and handed his newly-acquired gold medal to a young fan— a Turkish boy named Arda. According to Australia's Herald Sun, Arda had been "patiently waiting for the American's autograph." He really didn't expect anything more, just to be able to go home having met his idol.



"One of the main reasons for racing is because of my fans, so I always want to give something back," the swimmer told BBC. "If I took the medal, it would end up in a sock drawer. If I give it to a fan, they're going to treasure it." Lochte said that a childhood incident has shaped the way he approaches his relationships with his supporters. "I remember when as a kid I looked up to an Olympian superstar," the swimmer said. "I won't mention his name [but] I asked for an autograph and he said 'no'. I told my parents that if I ever get in the same position, I'll do it." 


Lochte later took a picture with the thrilled young boy and posted in on his Official Twitter Page:
  
https://twitter.com/i/#!/ryanlochte/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fn5ZcSB7w 

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Fleetwood Mac Announces Tour



Fleetwood Mac will definitely hit the road again as its four members, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, have just announced that they'll embark on a U.S. tour in 2013. One of rock's most enduring and successful bands, Fleetwood Mac will play 34 cities beginning in Columbus, Ohio April 4th. "Having started Fleetwood Mac with John McVie in 1967, it has always been so gratifying that despite the various incarnations, the band has survived. Throughout the years, though, the one thing that has remained constant is our fans. I am looking forward to getting back behind the kit, reconnecting with the fans and sharing the stage with my fellow band members," said Fleetwood. The band's tour was confirmed by Nicks in July after she shot down comments from the drummer though; when he said he believed the band wouldn't "ever tour again" after their plans for a 2011 trek were scrapped. Fleetwood made the remarks to Playboy magazine after Nicks and Buckingham both extended their solo tours.

"The tour will be next year... That's the plan. Because that's what we do. I do my thing. And Lindsey is out doing his thing now... everybody's on board," she explained. The tour also marks the 35th anniversary of the band's most famous  Rumours (and classic) album, which has sold over 40 million copies to date. Rhino records will also reissue the album in a deluxe edition early next year. The group also revealed a few new songs will debut next year also, but it's still unknown whether or not they'll be releasing an additional album or just debuting them on the road. As for the new tour, the band is very excited to be getting back together.

"After spending four days at Lindsey's house working on music and one really fun day doing a crazy photo session, I am quite excited about next year. Everything seems to be falling into place. 2013 looks like the year of Fleetwood Mac," Nicks said. "I'm really looking forward to hitting the road with Stevie, Mick and John in 2013," said Buckingham. "It's been over three years since we've toured together and happily the break allowed me to explore a lot of uncharted territory as well as experience tremendous growth creatively. I'm excited to bring that back to the band. When everyone in FM wants the same thing at the same time, it's cause for celebration. Long Live Fleetwood Mac!"

"I'm really looking forward to going back on the road," added McVie. Tickets for the shows begin going on sale December 14th at Ticketmaster.com and Live Nation.